Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nothing BUT A Number!

On my way home from prayer last week I was thinking just a few more months of enjoying life in the 20’s, how a decade or two flies by.... After battling all the things and plans I had envisioned for such an age I have come to the conclusion that the prospect of turning 30 really is nothing BUT a number!!! However it is incredibly tempting to get caught up with where Society & the Masses think I should be or what I should have attained etc, and I know personally their are many things I thought I would have accomplished, seen and experienced by now.
Is there really a scale one can measure their life by? I know everyone has their own scale and expectations, however I know I am NOT living for everyone else. Each path is hand crafted by the maker, and He has the perfect plan, NOT me!! So day by day I continue to trust that I am where He would have me, the one who knit me together in my mothers womb, the one who opens doors and closes them. The one who makes a way when their seems to be no way! The one with whom a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day. So instead of counting down my days, or reliving what should have been, I choose to embrace each one and know that with him each day can only get better. Moving forward in HIM, for HIM and with HIM!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Amen girl!!! So excited for you to step into a new stage of your life. You are gonna have AMAZING experiences because you have chosen to seek after the only One who can provide them :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete